About Me

My photo
Mom of four girls who loves to run

Monday, May 14, 2012

My Mothers Day with my Girls

After over sleeping. Thank you to a little girl who jumped on my head and woke me up.  As a dash around at 6:30 in the morning to get out the door for Minnesota's Race for the Cure (5k). Which I run for many I love who have had to fight that ugly disease  I love you Mom Toni. Was out the door in 10 minutes. 
At the start line

I had been sick for the past few days so I was debating even running. I had a bad cough and tired a lot. But I woke up in m;y hurry feeling rested and ready to go. As the start of the race got underway I took it easy and I could tell I was running a little fast then normal which I wasn't it was just that I felt that way. Fist mile was a little over 10 minutes. Go me. Next mile I felt really comfortable and went with the pace around me. 2nd mile was around 10 minutes again. Start to get a little tired after that. I finished the race at 32:06.  Glad I did not quit and pushed through. Now my early morning run is done now rush of to home and get ready for Church.
Finished in 32:06

Stopped by and got some Coffee ran into one of my favorites Ladies Sherry from Church Nursery. I was going to get her coffee for Mothers Day but she beat me to the punch and got mine instead. I get home and have breakfast waiting for me. My oldest daughter made me a fried eggs(a little over cooked) wheat toast and strawberries. Since Chris has been gone for work for this year the girls try so hard to keep up with the things they did with their Dad. Chris every year would make a deal for Mother's Day.
My Mommy's Breakfast and all my cards. 
Hannah being baptized 
Hannah right after she was baptized. My happy Girl . 
Then its off to Church. The kiddos I teach on Wednesday night were singing for the Moms. They did a great job. 4 and 5 year old are so cute when they sing. I finally got to sit during service and hear a wonderful story about women in  the Bible. Mary,  Abigail and Ester. After that I got a my proudest moment on my Mother's Day. My second daughter was baptized. She was just bubbling with happiness.
The bought Cake 


The rest of the day I relaxed even bought a cake from the bakery, which is kinda weird for me since I like to bake and do that stuff myself. I ended my great day with a dinner prepared my my oldest daughter. She made chicken Alfredo with shells pasta and veggies. It was a lovely meal.

That is why I loved my Mother's Day. My girls make me so happy.
The card I loved the most. Made me have a giggle. Best or Beast it works for me. 

2 comments:

  1. What a great day it was, Jen! So glad you enjoyed and celebrated in so many ways. Thanks for teaching the Wed night classes this year. We are going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I truly enjoyed Teaching this Year. It was fun to see the kids grow in their knowledge of the bible. I will miss you too!!

    ReplyDelete