About Me

My photo
Mom of four girls who loves to run

Monday, April 23, 2012

How do you explain....

When serious illnesses come into your family how do you explain them?   My Dad has been diagnose with a Bone Marrow Failure Disease. 

Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS)

Myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) are a group of diseases that affect the bone marrow and blood. Some types of MDS are mild and easily managed, while other types are severe and life-threatening. Mild MDS can grow more severe over time. It can also develop into a fast-growing, severe leukemia called acute myelogenous leukemia this info is found on  Marrow.org 
How do you explain it to the grand kids?   At this time the course of action is blood transfusion to make sure he has enough blood. So please remember Blood is truly a gift and please donate yours.  
When a illness is so unsure it makes one feel a little out of control.  I know God has a plan and I lean to him in this time. 
Funny side note, while I was looking into this disease I came across the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society which has lots of race. So I have ran a few races for this cause already. That was a cool little thing. Have a blessed day.    Today this is the verse to help me thru this. 
Here is the CaringBridge Page for Dad  http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/joeisakson 

  Philippians 4:13    I can do all this through him who gives me strength. 

No comments:

Post a Comment